Humidity, Fogger! Any Advice?

Hello everyone, I was wondering how high should my humidity be for a veiled chameleon in the day and at night, what times should I be running my fogger & dripper. Stuff like that, some websites make it confusing so any advice would be much appreciated!

im not an expert but for veileds I believe daytime humidity should be around 50% and night time humidity should be from 75-100%. Dripper shoul be run during the day for the Cham to drink. Foggers should be run at night but only if your temps are 67 degrees or lower. If you run them with temps any higher you risk giving your Cham a respiratory infection. Welcome by the way!

im not an expert but for veileds I believe daytime humidity should be around 50% and night time humidity should be from 75-100%. Dripper shoul be run during the day for the Cham to drink. Foggers should be run at night but only if your temps are 67 degrees or lower. If you run them with temps any higher you risk giving your Cham a respiratory infection. Welcome by the way!
Not an expert. Hmm. Pretty darn close if you ask me.👍

Hi for veileds you will want humidity between 30% and 50% max daytime. As mentioned foggers are best only run when temps are below 67f ideally 65f at night but if you can see what your night time temps and humidity are first would be best a govee mini wireless is a great device for this to download data . As you may or may not need to run a fogger . Best to check first depending on you where live a fogger may only be needed some of the year ( do not run a fogger during the day ) @VeiledPanthers

Hey guys. What should Maui's nighttime humidity be? It's been around 35% and I know that's too low, right? If you search my name, all her info will pop up. For quick reference, she's a 1 year old pied veiled cham and I live in Michigan. She's misted twice a day, and her enclosed is 2'2'4 screened.

Hi,
35 till 50% is the daytime aim humidity. 70 till 100% should be your goal for nighttime. Maybe closing your sides shower curtains, just make sure the front lower part and top is open for fresh air flow. And maybe thinking about a fogger as well or bigger plants (they keep humidity also higher. Btw not checked your setup, this is just general info.

Hi,
35 till 50% is the daytime aim humidity. 70 till 100% should be your goal for nighttime. Maybe closing your sides shower curtains, just make sure the front lower part and top is open for fresh air flow. And maybe thinking about a fogger as well or bigger plants (they keep humidity also higher. Btw not checked your setup, this is just general info.
Thanks. I've been reading some in here and trying to figure it out.

I had trouble with winter humidity to. I live in Maine so weather is similar to yours in Michigan. I covered the two sides and back of my screen cage with a shower curtain, trimmed to fit snug. I run a mister set To go off every couple of hours during the night for 2 minutes as well as a humidifier/fogger that pipes fog to the top of the cage so it flows down over the foliage where he sleeps from 1 am to 5 am. This really keeps the humidity high at night. It stays around 80-95%. I use the petspioneer humidifier and it works perfectly. i think it was bbyoda that recommended it to me.

I had trouble with winter humidity to. I live in Maine so weather is similar to yours in Michigan. I covered the two sides and back of my screen cage with a shower curtain, trimmed to fit snug. I run a mister set To go off every couple of hours during the night for 2 minutes as well as a humidifier/fogger that pipes fog to the top of the cage so it flows down over the foliage where he sleeps from 1 am to 5 am. This really keeps the humidity high at night. It stays around 80-95%. I use the petspioneer humidifier and it works perfectly. i think it was bbyoda that recommended it to me.
How do y'all get the dang plugs to reach on the humidifier or foggers? Her cage is super tall and the fogger I have (Reptifogger, I think) can't sit on top because the plug won't reach the wall socket. Even with an extension cord, it's too dangerous. Pics of your setup, anyone?

How do y'all get the dang plugs to reach on the humidifier or foggers? Her cage is super tall and the fogger I have (Reptifogger, I think) can't sit on top because the plug won't reach the wall socket. Even with an extension cord, it's too dangerous. Pics of your setup, anyone?

I’m using the same unit Linda is pets pioneer The tubes for the fogger are expandable , my habitat is almost 6 feet tall I added new tubing to my Mister a monsoon ll . Both sit on the floor . You can always take some Velcro and put a power strip on the wall up above The socket make sure to leave a loop in your powerlines That will eliminate any water dripping download cord going back into the Socket . You can see I Velcro mine to the back of the cage

Attachments

• CD441C0C-FA34-4AC1-8B1C-3ABD5B5BDBEB.jpeg
    CD441C0C-FA34-4AC1-8B1C-3ABD5B5BDBEB.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 60
  • D1C325B2-87B4-4463-A3BF-D7EAF6AE0A31.jpeg
    D1C325B2-87B4-4463-A3BF-D7EAF6AE0A31.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 8EADE0AB-B8A4-4987-B812-9C7776110006.jpeg
    8EADE0AB-B8A4-4987-B812-9C7776110006.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 51
PXL_20211231_185003036.jpg

You can see mine on the table behind the open enclosure door. I did a modification to have a PVC pipe connected it it because it's easier to clean than the expandable hose that it comes with.

@Lindasjackson I think someone else recommended it but I was able to confirm it works with PVC. @Beman actually recommended it to me in the first place because it's a top fill which is soooo convenient and important!!

View attachment 317502
You can see mine on the table behind the open enclosure door. I did a modification to have a PVC pipe connected it it because it's easier to clean than the expandable hose that it comes with.

@Lindasjackson I think someone else recommended it but I was able to confirm it works with PVC. @Beman actually recommended it to me in the first place because it's a top fill which is soooo convenient and important!!
yes I agree, the top fill is very Important and really has been very helpful for me! Also the pets pioneer is very easy to clean because the whole top comes off so you can clean inside.

Back
Top Bottom