humidity at night

This has been discussed a lot but usually the solution is getting a fogger to run during the night, the problem is I live in a very hot climate and no matter the temperature inside my house, the temperature in my jacksons cage at night doesnt fall past 60-70 degrees, his humidity only stays at 50 degrees but i do not want to risk adding a fogger in, I read somewhere that foggers+higher temps can cause a respiratory infection. His dripper runs all night, and his automatic mister goes off for 3 minutes in the morning, a minute during the day, and 3 minutes again about 30 minutes before lights out. I have plastic shower curtains on one side of his cage but if anyone can help or offer advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have an ac? I run my ac all night set at 67 degrees then I have a fogger that goes on at 1 am on a timer and shuts off at 5 am. I’ve been doing this for the past week and so far so good. I have a Jackson’s as well and can appreciate your frustrations. I’ve been there! Actually mine isn’t a fogger per say, it’s a cold mist ultrasonic humidifier that I have taken the top mist directional thingy off and have set up a pvc pipe that fits in the hole of the humidifier and takes the mist to the top of the cage and then over in a shorter piece and then down so it directs the mist down over the ficus tree he sleeps in. It cools the air even more and gives him the humidity he needs. I’ll include a picture

Attachments

• AD9A5F91-778B-4A7E-8B0E-AF6C19DD8184.jpeg
    AD9A5F91-778B-4A7E-8B0E-AF6C19DD8184.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 123
I have a panther—not a Jackson's
I don't live in FL
I don't have/run a fogger.

Instead, I mist at night—2 min. every 3 hrs., which lowers the temperature (via evaporative cooling and transpiration) and raises the humidity. It also allows drying out between mistings.
It gets me the numbers I need.

Why not run your mister more often during the night? Winter is coming soon and even if you live on the west coast temps will get lower at night.
he absolutely despises the mister and often goes to sleep directly in front of the nozzle, im not entirely sure if it bothers them or not? if they dont even feel it at night ill go ahead and mist more often!

he absolutely despises the mister and often goes to sleep directly in front of the nozzle,
You do see the contradiction in that statement, eh? :unsure:

im not entirely sure if it bothers them or not? if they dont even feel it at night ill go ahead and mist more often!
They're all different and have different moods. Mine hides from the mister st night (presumably so as not to interfere with his erotic chameleon dreams... :rolleyes: ) but seeks it out midday, seemingly reveling in it, and glistening afterward.

Back
Top Bottom