Humidity and watering

Rango220

Hey people :), I just recently got my new screen cage, really happy with the product but I was wondering if any people from the UK know anywhere I can get a decent misting system or misting dome? I've got the "zoomed reptifogger" what i used in my glass vivarium, but I don't think it works well with the humidty in a screen cage, I mist about several times a day for now until I can find a reasonbaly priced misting system:)

Really?? Ill get a digital hydrometer then see if it keeps the humidity in, but it doesn't leave any droplets on leaves like a mister would, that's the only reason I need I good misting system just worried he might mot be drinking

me i just have a bucket or little container on top of his cage and poke a little hole in the container and let the water drip out over the day

Really?? Ill get a digital hydrometer then see if it keeps the humidity in, but it doesn't leave any droplets on leaves like a mister would, that's the only reason I need I good misting system just worried he might mot be drinking

If your chameleon resides in a screen enclosure, then you will have to raise the humidity in the entire room not just his habitat. People often try adding way too much water to their habitat to compensate for the lack of humidity. Also stagnant humidity leads to URI without fresh air.

Foggers and sprayers are only temporary.

I personally don't worry about humidity, I focus more on the hydration of the chameleon itself by making sure it receives enough drinking water. Added humidity does help if its done right but has ill effects if not.

Back
Top Bottom