Humidifiers?

Damus

So im thinking of purchasing a humidifier for my chams. I want to do something like this, i found this picture on the website somewhere

But i dont kno if im supposed to get a cool mist or warm mist humidifier? first one to answer gets a cookie :eek: Thanks!

wholecage.jpg

You shouldn't have one running into the cage. It can cause a respitory infection. Not to mention the thick mist is so hard to breath in. :)p yes I tried it.. Sucks)

I have mine sitting outside of his cage, pointing out into the room. It keeps that side of my bedroom about 50% humidity in his cage without sufficating him.

Hope that helps! oh and its a cool mist system from bed bath and beyond.

You shouldn't have one running into the cage. It can cause a respitory infection. Not to mention the thick mist is so hard to breath in. :)p yes I tried it.. Sucks)

I have mine sitting outside of his cage, pointing out into the room. It keeps that side of my bedroom about 50% humidity in his cage without sufficating him.

Hope that helps! oh and its a cool mist system from bed bath and beyond.

i too just have mine in the room,:cool:

Thanks guys! looks like Hoj gets that cookie. Another quick question, is there a difference between the ultrasonic and the evaporative or does it matter?

I disagree totally. I have mine blowing in on my 2 jacksons and they LOVE to sit in it. I have it about 1 foot from there cage. I am also using the small ultrasonic cool mist one from walgreens that uses a 20oz bottle of water. My girlfriend also use's the same one on her jackson with no problem either.:cool:

I plan on picking this "Crane Drop Shape Humidifier" It looks better than some I've seen and looks easiest to mod. Comes with a 1 gallon tank, too. I think it's 50 bones.
319%2BATzf18L._AA300_.jpg

I have been running mine at night to keep the room at 50%+ humidity during the night. During the day the mistking does a good job of keeping the humidity up but at night it can get down to 30% without anything.

Mine blows right into the cage and they love it! As long as the cage is well ventilated and dries out completely every day you're not going to have a problem with respiratory infections from it. I use the crane teardrop in a setup very similar to the first picture and I love it! You want cool mist. Warm mist comes out as steam and it can burn them.

I would also recommend a MistKing system. Just go with the basic $100 setup. It keeps my cage at a steady 45% humidity with a small ficus and around 60% at night if you turn the lights out an hour after the last spray (about 1 min. intervals). The cage is also in the basement which helps to keep the humidity up. Think of where you might expect to see crickets or other insects inside the house, this is most likely extremely humid (closets). Also keep in mind that you need to clean the standing water up, it can cause mold and bacteria to thrive! Especially underneath the cage.

P.S. TO ANYONE WITH A MISTKING: Make sure that you do not put the top on the water source bucket, it will ruin your pump from the pressure! Also, your best bet for clean, pure water for your chameleon and the MistKing is reverse osmosis water [extremely healthy for any animal (including humans) and calcium and lime will not clog the sprayer or pump]. You can find it in the water refill stations in just about any grocery store in the city for less than $1 a gallon.

I would also recommend a MistKing system. Just go with the basic $100 setup. It keeps my cage at a steady 45% humidity with a small ficus and around 60% at night if you turn the lights out an hour after the last spray (about 1 min. intervals). The cage is also in the basement which helps to keep the humidity up. Think of where you might expect to see crickets or other insects inside the house, this is most likely extremely humid (closets). Also keep in mind that you need to clean the standing water up, it can cause mold and bacteria to thrive! Especially underneath the cage.

P.S. TO ANYONE WITH A MISTKING: Make sure that you do not put the top on the water source bucket, it will ruin your pump from the pressure! Also, your best bet for clean, pure water for your chameleon and the MistKing is reverse osmosis water [extremely healthy for any animal (including humans) and calcium and lime will not clog the sprayer or pump]. You can find it in the water refill stations in just about any grocery store in the city for less than $1 a gallon.

lol sounds to me like someone made this mistake before..... just drill a small hole in the lid and then use the lid you dont want debris to clog your pump either like a cricket that got loose or house flies. also dont forget to elivate your water source above the pump if you dont get the zip drip or what ever its called so that it keeps water in the pump at all times cause those pumps are not cheap and will last longer if you do.

Back
Top Bottom