Humidifier Recommendations

I ran a humidifier for 12 years for my dart frogs and it's a pain in the neck to refile every week. If you can, use your mister instead because it's an all in one solution with a bigger tank (hopefully).
I have a mister but it’s hard to keep the humidity that high at night. Maybe I need to run the mister for a longer period.

I ran a humidifier for 12 years for my dart frogs and it's a pain in the neck to refile every week. If you can, use your mister instead because it's an all in one solution with a bigger tank (hopefully).
I have a mister but it’s hard to keep the humidity that high at night. Maybe I need to run the mister for a longer period.
humidifier/fogger/mister... the longer/more frequent it runs, the more often it'll need to be refilled.

My mister res. holds 3-4 gal., and I have to refill it twice a week (averaging 7+ gal./week). Even if I increased it to 5 gal., I'd still have to refill it twice a week.

If I only had to refill once a week...

It would coincide nicely with weekly cleaning, watering, and supplementing. :)

I hate cleaning humdifiers....

I go with the crane models. Any animal will do, the jug is all the same. Real easy to clean. Only down side is no humidity controller. However since its "dumb" you can just leave it on and control it with a herpstat etc.

I hate cleaning humdifiers....

I go with the crane models. Any animal will do, the jug is all the same. Real easy to clean. Only down side is no humidity controller. However since its "dumb" you can just leave it on and control it with a herpstat etc.
That's quiet interesting. I had no idea what was the name of the herpstat. I wonder how hard would it be to build my own with a raspberry pi. I will google it. Thank you!

Yeah, but are they comparable to a Herpstat? If not, what's the advantage?

Well right now the buy in for a herpstat is $200 with probe, for 1 cage...

But the down side for the $50 mushroom ones, is you are stuck with constant humidity. But technically you could maybe get an appliance timer and have the humidifier turn off during the day...

I am unfamiliar with the herpstat, but i like the $50 mushroom ones because of this feature
-Control humidity by setting value and differential value; Delay protection for Control output;

So i can set it for 75%, and have cycle control. So i could have occilate between 60 and 80%, or fine for 74-76%, or even get fancy and set the delay min for 1 minute or 10 minutes. In mushroom land some people turn on and off the humidifier 60 times an hour for example.

Last edited:
Has anyone found a better top fill humidifier than pets pioneer? It has to be top filling, easy to clean, and can attach pvc piping to it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom