Human Gender Preferences

Chamlo

Do chameleons have human gender preferences? My cham doesn't like me (may be due to having administer meds to him when was little) and he doesn't like my dad. However, he likes my mom, sister, and my friend.

none of my chams seem to have a preference they seem to like my brother the least out of the family and they probably see him the most lol, your cham is probably just a little charmer

There's no reason to believe that there is an inherent preference, but perhaps your female family members move more gently with him, make less abrupt movements, etc. I know my ex-boyfriend was like a bull in a china shop around my chameleons lol.

I was talking to a forum member that was telling me that she went to visit another member's parson's chameleons. He warned her that they always ripped up his arm, but she managed to hold them all without them digging in their nails, much to his surprise. And when I used to visit Dr. O's chameleons I was the only person who could handle his vicious little Nosy Be without him biting. So who knows, perhaps women (at least some) stay more calm and move more deliberately with chameleons and it freaks them out less?

I would agree with what Olimpia suggests. My dad has a way of bringing out the worst in our panthers for some reason. I have a couple that I can literally pet the top of their head without the slightest defensive response but when my dad tries to hand feed or pick them up they seem to change into a different chameleon.

It's the exact opposite for us. My husband has a much more chill personality, and animals definitely respond to that. Even my beloved Jax seems to like the hubby better than me :)

all my chameleons prefer me (female) to my husband. presumably because I feed them, and short (thus the top of my head is lower than the tops of their cages) and move gently around them. They see very little of my large husband, and don't much like it when they do

There's no reason to believe that there is an inherent preference, but perhaps your female family members move more gently with him, make less abrupt movements, etc. I know my ex-boyfriend was like a bull in a china shop around my chameleons lol.

I was talking to a forum member that was telling me that she went to visit another member's parson's chameleons. He warned her that they always ripped up his arm, but she managed to hold them all without them digging in their nails, much to his surprise. And when I used to visit Dr. O's chameleons I was the only person who could handle his vicious little Nosy Be without him biting. So who knows, perhaps women (at least some) stay more calm and move more deliberately with chameleons and it freaks them out less?

Good reason to make him an EX...

My chameleon is the opposite of the majority of the consensus here. The females that come around and pick him up set him off but I (his male handler) can pick him up at any time without a problem. I have noticed that the females that try to pick him up are hesitant and generally move in from the top (even though I tell them to pick him up from his underside). I'm pretty sure that is the reason he gets upset with them and bites.

Back
Top Bottom