huge eyes

gholmes

I just came home and my cham has huge eyes!!!!!! what does this mean???? also when he blinks his eyes kinda do this beat thing. im not sure how to explain this.

I just came home and my cham has huge eyes!!!!!! what does this mean???? also when he blinks his eyes kinda do this beat thing. im not sure how to explain this.

i have no idea what it could be but take a picture for more knowledgeable people to see.

Welcome to the forums. Were you misting or were his eyes wet when you saw him do this? Are his eyes still big? It sounds like he was cleaning his eyes.

I was freaked out when I first saw my Cham bulge out it's eyes and rub them on a branch but as jannb stated they do that when it's is very wet so they can clean there eyes. If it does it a lot there could be something caught in it's eye. But I've only had my Cham a month and I've seen her do it a couple times while I mist or shortly after misting

I've seen this before and it kind of spooked me to. I saw it with some babies I had Accouple of months ago. I think it is just them trying to clean their eyes because they usually did it right after a misting. I also noticed they did it when their cage was getting a bit messy, so keep your cage clean !

he was sleeping. he hasnt done it since then. it just freaked me out. also when i was at repticon i saw some chams blink and there was a bulge that came up like a heartbeat in its eye. is this the cleaning yall are talking about?

Yes, chameleons bulge out and suck in their eyelids when they are cleaning. They will do this most while misting is happening but may do it randomly. Sometimes the eyes do bulge out a bit while sleeping, I don't know why but I know that it's nothing to worry about :)

Back
Top Bottom