How well do they hide?

timber64

I'm curious how well your chams try to hide. I just moved my juvenile VC into his new enclosure 5 days ago, and even though it's got lots of plants to hide in/around he's been staying out in the open on branches - until today!! Just after lights out, I peeked in to see if he had settled on a permanent sleeping spot yet, and couldn't find him anywhere. I finally found him nestled on a branch, hiding between some Pothos leaves!! I was relieved he's OK, but also happy that he's starting to settle in and explore more of the cage and make it his own.

Do they tend to find places to hide at night, or just hug a branch out in the open?

Mine varies on sleeping spot. Sometimes under a leaf of money tree and sometimes just in open on a cross branch

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1614701568799.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614701568799.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210305_220816.jpg
    20210305_220816.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 74
My girl is constantly changing her sleep spots. Sometimes well hidden, sometimes in the open areas, sometimes right at the front glowing like a light stick. 😴

Mine sleeps always at the same spot, completely outside the foliage. Only changes from stick (directly against the screen) or the live vine from the Madagascar Jasmine. However always directly under the fogger curtain.
She only hides in foliage when my hand comes in her enclosure and even as quickly comes out of it, when she spots food, what´s my hand brings😊.

Giving them tons of foliage gives them to choice on their own of they wanna show themself or not.

My male sleeps has two sleep spots. On is way the back behind a large branch and the other is in front behind some pothos vines. Hes usually pretty well hidden.

I'm curious how well your chams try to hide.
VERY well. :LOL: As zefrank1 would say, "That's how chameleons do."

Do they tend to find places to hide at night, or just hug a branch out in the open?
Mine has done both. He may use a spot for a few days, then find another. I've seen him hug a branch near the top, and other times hide behind a big leaf (at least his head; y'know... if he can't see you then you can't see him. :LOL: )

When I open the enclosure, he'll slowly make for the back. If he's sitting on a dowel perch, he'll slide himself 90° around it and hang there, hoping I can't/won't see him. Afterward, he somehow slides himself back on top.

VERY well. :LOL: As zefrank1 would say, "That's how chameleons do."

Mine has done both. He may use a spot for a few days, then find another. I've seen him hug a branch near the top, and other times hide behind a big leaf (at least his head; y'know... if he can't see you then you can't see him. :LOL: )

When I open the enclosure, he'll slowly make for the back. If he's sitting on a dowel perch, he'll slide himself 90° around it and hang there, hoping I can't/won't see him. Afterward, he somehow slides himself back on top.

🤣🤣🤣 so true!

Back
Top Bottom