How to tell when gravid?

Qhugh14

I have a 8mo fe veiled and I was wondering what ways you can tell if your cham Is gravis. She's been showing darker colors the last couple days(don't have pic rn will add one later) but I don't see the mustard or blue colors you hear about a lot. She's still eating, actively hunting her feeders and shes no more grouchy than normal

2934F062-BE30-4DC1-AEE6-0B8DD078E3D9.jpeg

Her colors will look like this and she will be digging at the cage and be extremely restless trying to find a place to lay her eggs. You have a laying bin?

So what I did for my lay bin if I got a storage container filled it up with dirt and sand. I had it set up for maybe 4 days when my girl went down and layed her eggs for me. I wasn’t playing anymore lol. My girl would claw at the roof like crazy when she was ready to lay. It was kinda annoying lol
F12FDFFD-BFD5-465D-AFF7-58BB390BCBA5.jpeg

Clarice is nearly there... she is flashing receptive colors right now so gravid colors aew soon to come. Shes going through a range of colors, not always receptive but much more distinctive colors and patterns than normal.

As of yesterday she is eating significantly less and her moody level went from her usual 99% moody to 100000% moody and hissy. She is climbing all over thr cage and walking around the bottom scoping out a lay spot. Caught her digging in a plant, as well.

I thought she might be gravid a month ago as she was acting a little different... but now I have no doubt and for me, it is easy to tell she is focused on babies. I know the signs are not always obvious, though, so make sure you have a lay bin/ area all the time.

I haven’t been able to capture her receptive colors as she darkens up as soon as she sees the camera... but her “I hate your face” and “get out of my room!!!” colors/expressions are unmistakable.

F9FE3EFE-2DEE-4F8A-AF84-D8C17D570593.jpeg B8D7AB68-FF42-4FFF-95A1-75717175A033.jpeg 69A7A0C7-CC57-44B5-88B4-E68DB2603FDA.jpeg

P.S. for anyone who was talking about the Sansi plant lights vs. Jungle Dawn, in the pics above you can see the comparison in Clarice's cage. The back right side is the 30w Sansi LED, and the left side is Arcadia + 6500 daylight bulbs. Super happy with them, they give off a great color and a lot of light. I have a 40w on my free range area, too.... thinking I'm going to put 40w on the larger cages and use two 30w for the tree area. (@jamest0o0 )

Can you find the chameleon in this pic?
0D07A1CD-C280-43AF-8D30-A4AA36AD4397.png

P.S. for anyone who was talking about the Sansi plant lights vs. Jungle Dawn, in the pics above you can see the comparison in Clarice's cage. The back right side is the 30w Sansi LED, and the left side is Arcadia + 6500 daylight bulbs. Super happy with them, they give off a great color and a lot of light. I have a 40w on my free range area, too.... thinking I'm going to put 40w on the larger cages and use two 30w for the tree area. (@jamest0o0 )

Can you find the chameleon in this pic?
View attachment 231782
I love playing find that chameleon lol

Back
Top Bottom