How To Sex Baby Panthers

Here is a close up.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 250
Hello everyone this is my first post. I've just read this whole thread trying to learn how to tell the difference. We just got our baby sambava yesterday and it was sold to us as a male. After reading all the descriptions and looking at the photos I'm thinking that our chameleon is actually a girl. Any opinions are welcome.

full

Thanks, Myles

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice thread!
Can someone help me to identify the sex of my chameleon?
Is between 3 and 4 months old
Ambilobe blue bar
I really want a male, but I will love her if she's a female too
Sorry for the messy pics, I was cleaning his/her other home

f0028LSMj

exAkw7Y7j

exEnxcpwj

eygbIZSUj

f0F58Fdpj

ipXZeUhmj

Best regards from México :)

Panther Cham- is she a she???

I've read your post re determining sex and I think she is a she but wanted to ask those with more experience.

Thank you
KiwisMom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 199
Yep, still say female. The last picture is the most indicative in my opinion. Completely straight tail after the vent. The brown striping is also typically an indication. How old? Any patches of any colors? Locale?

They're a little harder to identify at that age, but typically show some early signs. Around the 3 month mark the males start to bring some colors in. So it could be a late bloomer as far as coloring and the "bulge" is concerned. From everything you've provided, I still think girl. Maybe someone has a different opinion. Post this in the identification section, you may get some more replies that way.

Back
Top Bottom