How To Sex Baby Panthers

I think you were right the first time but she does have a tint to her body that looks male. A couple other things I take into consideration, while relying almost entirely on the tail, are noticeable on this one. The green-grey of the cheeks may go away as they get older but in males the color in that spot comes in as the permanent adult color. Also, the lateral stripe is broken up into what look like individual portholes of white versus it being more complete in males. Keep having fun with this. I think you've got the tail thing down. Btw, I honestly laughed out loud at "super cham keepers." :D It's just time and staring at too many chameleons.

just to clarify! This is the "bulge" that you guys are talking about right? (2 1/2 month old panther)

11882834103_2e5866e292_c.jpg

Here are some better pics of my guy. Male or female? My guess is male with the bulge and his colors coming in.

Also, to you pro's out there is this guy looking healthy? He's active and eats well! Don't see him drink a whole lot though....

Just curious.....

Cham1.jpg

Gonna be super bumbed if he really is a she...do they show bright colors if they're female? Sometime this guy has reds And greens coming through when he flares up. Ill try some more pics if I can catch it.

Gonna be super bumbed if he really is a she...do they show bright colors if they're female? Sometime this guy has reds And greens coming through when he flares up. Ill try some more pics if I can catch it.

Get another picture with the tail straight out so you can see the side profile. Sometimes it is difficult to see without getting that in focus profile shot.

3rd times a charm right? If we can't get it with these photos I'm at a loss. Not seeing a bump after the vent. Do the female blue bars get greens in them like this?

Cham2.jpg

I feel you, my first panther I bought as a boy, she's a really pretty girl now at about 6 months lol. I'd say though if you paid for a male contact the breeder you purchased her from.

Yeah i contacted him and he said he will swap her out for a male but he firmly believes she is a he still and recommended that I hold out for a bit to see for sure. He's been great to work with so far so Im not too worried.

Juice28,
My thoughts exactly. I picked him today and could not be happier. More picts to come.

Anybody else?

Hi i need some help sexing my panthers.
It would be nice if you could write what you based your guess at so i maybe learn something new :)
They are 3 months old

I think this is a male
f6W05HC.jpg

I think this is a female
Wu1uyAz.jpg

I think this is a male
OLa94Yn.jpg

Regards Andreas

Back
Top Bottom