How to sex a veiled chameleon

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
I like your enthusiasm and effort

however if you take the liberty to teach the community, yiu should be right and you are NOT.

1. it is NOT true that the spurnis present only in the Yemen chameleon, as itnis equally present in a bunch of species: C. arabicus, dilepis, quilensis, gracilis, africanus, zeylanicus ...

2. the presence or Absence of spur is nowadays by far not reliable any more with the so many chameleons being incubated at wrong temperatures, or coming from Florida from not ideal conditions or being a subject of heavy inbreeding, there are many Deviations. It would be fair to mention it.

3. There are more reliable features based on which you can tell the sex in the Yemen chameleons, you even do not mention them

4. itnis NOT true the females WILL lay eggs. They MIGHT do so and they will do with much more probability if they are overfed and overheated, which is the common mistake in husbandry, a tuallg happening by following the wrong care sheets and instructions like yours. If kept properly, they will NOT lay eggs or very unlikely.

please do not take it as a criticism, you do a good job,
But you are not precise. Such faults, we can find in any and every of your videos.
This way, you send a wrong message (though the main ones might be OK) to the public and this is IMHO not really responsible.

I am not here to criticise, I am here to help people and chameleons. So I offer you help. I will specify it in a personal message

Back
Top Bottom