How To Move To A New State w My Cham

Hi everyone!

I am going to be moving to California in a month from Boise Idaho. I will probably be driving a packed u-haul with all of my belonging for the 14 hour drive.

I am wondering what I need to do with my Cham for the move. Obviously I am bringing her with me! But I am unsure how to go about it. Has anyone done this that can give me some tips? What do I do with her cage? I don’t want to keep her in the pack of the uhaul in case her cage were to tip over or something but I can’t keep her big cage on my lap in the front seat...any suggestions? I feel there’s a lot of logistics to figure out.

Thanks guys! Josie

hey! i'm not an expert on this but maybe you could get one of those travel box things for reptiles at your local pet store and put stable sticks and insects in it and mist it as usual. put it in the front by you and buckle the handle thing into the seat belt. make sure to take a few breaks for your chameleon where they can rest without the stress from moving. hope this helped:) good luck on your move

hey! i'm not an expert on this but maybe you could get one of those travel box things for reptiles at your local pet store and put stable sticks and insects in it and mist it as usual. put it in the front by you and buckle the handle thing into the seat belt. make sure to take a few breaks for your chameleon where they can rest without the stress from moving. hope this helped:) good luck on your move
Great idea! I haven’t heard of the reptile travel boxes but I will look into it!

You really don't need anything fancy to move your cham. Put it in a box (with a couple holes for ventilation) with some paper towel on the bottom and a stable stick or two, and it'll simply sleep the whole way. That's how chams are usually shipped, and it's the least stressful method for them. No breaks, food, or misting required! :)

Good luck on your move!

You really don't need anything fancy to move your cham. Put it in a box (with a couple holes for ventilation) with some paper towel on the bottom and a stable stick or two, and it'll simply sleep the whole way. That's how chams are usually shipped, and it's the least stressful method for them. No breaks, food, or misting required! :)

Good luck on your move!
Really!? Just keep her in a dark box for the whole move?!

Yep! Just make sure her perches are stable (I like to poke them through the box), and she'll quietly rest the whole time. It'd likely be more stressful for her if you kept opening the box to check on her! Once her cage is set up make sure she gets lots of water and a meal, and she'll be good to go. :)

Yep! Just make sure her perches are stable (I like to poke them through the box), and she'll quietly rest the whole time. It'd likely be more stressful for her if you kept opening the box to check on her! Once her cage is set up make sure she gets lots of water and a meal, and she'll be good to go. :)
Wow! Good to know. How big of box do you think?

Back
Top Bottom