How to keep veiled chameleon habitat humid

Benclark

So I have a male veiled chamelon who is about 4-5 months old. He seems pretty healthy, but I worry that his habitat isn't humid enough. I have a spray system that goes off every 2 hours for 20 seconds, and I also added live plants. I tried using a fogger, but he is terrified of the thing, so I only run it at night, but it has enough water for about 4 hours. What should day time and nighttime humidity levels be around, and is there anything else I can do to raise humidity?

So I have a male veiled chamelon who is about 4-5 months old. He seems pretty healthy, but I worry that his habitat isn't humid enough. I have a spray system that goes off every 2 hours for 20 seconds, and I also added live plants. I tried using a fogger, but he is terrified of the thing, so I only run it at night, but it has enough water for about 4 hours. What should day time and nighttime humidity levels be around, and is there anything else I can do to raise humidity?
There’s a lot to unpack here, but I highly recommend you fill out the husbandry form:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

in the meantime, a daytime humidity between 30 and 40% is fine, and a nightime humidity of >80% is ideal.

Are you using a screen cage?
Go to the nearest dollar store (because it's just a buck) and get a shower curtain liner.
Cut it into a strip that can cover both sides and the back of the cage. Tape it to the top frame in a few spots. Done.
Run your mister a little longer during the day. 20 seconds twice a night is ok. And keep the live plants.
Your humidity should instantly be higher and you'll also keep out drafts.

Back
Top Bottom