How to keep real plants alive in tall enclosures with no natural light?

I am seeking some advice from members who incorporate and keeping live plants alive in their enclosures.
My chameleon room is in the basement that has no windows therefore no natural sunlight. I have put in a ficus in one enclosure and umbrella plants in the other two enclosures.
I built these simple plants stands so the top foliage of the natural plants are 12" from the fluorescent lights. How does everyone else keep the lower foliage of the plants alive when they receive almost no light? The plants I bought are 24" high.
Putting in the plant stand also makes it harder to utilize that space at the bottom for more climbing spaces; I'm only really using the top 32-34" of my 48" tall enclosure primarily to bring my plant up closer to the light to stay alive.
Should I abandon the live plants and go completely artificial? I really do like the live plant look but I feel it may not be practical in my situation.
Should I install another plant fluorescent bulb half way down behind the enclosure?
Thoughts? I ideas?
enclosure.jpg

You could always get another light strip and use a bulb designated for plants.
Light strip now consist of dual T5 one bulb being Reptisun 5.0 and second bulb is already plant bulb. My issue is the light reaching the lower foliage

I use the t5 6500K plant light in my dual fixture like you do and my basking bulb is also an incandescent plant light. Many times plants don't do well due to over watering as well as poor light.

Back
Top Bottom