How to Identifying a healthy stool

Mad Dog Murphy

Established Member
Hi all I’ve had My baby male veiled for 6 days now he’s eating and I’ve been lucky enough to see him drinking and found is first stool on day 3 and another today ,day 6, just wondering if there healthy looking, first picture day 3, 2nd picture day 6.
thanks For the help

Attachments

• FB2C63F8-5724-48EA-B9A7-58268B7C40B7.jpeg
    FB2C63F8-5724-48EA-B9A7-58268B7C40B7.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 0DEC90E3-9FBD-41C8-93CC-4A6AC49B0ABC.jpeg
    0DEC90E3-9FBD-41C8-93CC-4A6AC49B0ABC.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 21
Well formed and a good white urate indicates baby is hydrated. But you will need to get a fecal test to ensure the baby is not carrying a parasite load.

great thanks , I’m at the vets tomorrow with my dog so will arrange it then, can I ask how they test for worms, sorry if it’s a stupid question do I need to collect some stools to take with me as well as Pedro?

great thanks , I’m at the vets tomorrow with my dog so will arrange it then, can I ask how they test for worms, sorry if it’s a stupid question do I need to collect some stools to take with me as well as Pedro?
So you will take in a fresh fecal. Collect the fecal only portion in a plastic baggy and seal it up. Take that in and they will run a fecal test. Some vets require seeing the chameleon first. Some you can talk into running the fecal so you are not causing more stress to a new chameleon. If it comes back positive for parasites you need to know exactly which type because cleaning the cage varies. They typically give an oral med based on the type of parasite as well. Because baby is so small depending on the parasite type and parasite load waiting for treatment might be a good option as long as baby is eating really well.

Back
Top Bottom