how to heat

all winter my chameleon has been too cold and i have one lizard heat light bulb and one uvb light and its still has been like 60-70 degrees and at night its been like 40-50. and i just want to know how to get it warmer during the day and at night.

The cheapest is more incandescent basking lights. Or a ceramic infra red bulb. They don't produce any light so you could use it at night.

What wattage is your heat bulb? I would just up the wattage to increase the heat. At night are you using a ceramic heat emitter?

i researched about the red light bulb and it said that they wont sleep with it on. and my heat light is 150 watt and no i am not using anything at night and thats the main thing is heating at night

i researched about the red light bulb and it said that they wont sleep with it on. and my heat light is 150 watt and no i am not using anything at night and thats the main thing is heating at night

I suggested an infrared ceramic bulb. They do not produce any light. Here's a link to one. Are you sure your temperatures are accurate? I've never been in a house that went down to 40F to 50F.

http://www.lllreptile.com/products/2649-exo-terra-150-watt-ceramic-bulb

Even 60 is very cold for an occupied house. Are you using dial gauges? With the little arm that moves? Or a digital one? I ask because the cheaper dial gauges have been reported to be very inaccurate. If you don't have a digital hygrothermometer, its worth spending $20 to get one.

Back
Top Bottom