How to hang vines

Uvagohoos

Hey,

Today I'm switching my 4 and half month old female Veiled to her full 2x2x4 cage. As I was setting it up I noticed a lot of issues I did think would occur.
1. The exo terra jungles vines wouldn't hang. I tried using some tape to keep the up but they wouldn't stay.

2 as expected all of my suction cup products wouldn't suction.

Does anyone have any ideas? Please let me know thanks

I wouldn't use any tape. It can come undone and stick to your chameleon's skin. :eek:
What I've used and seen others use, is either tiny zip ties, fishing line, or coated wire. That way you can secure the vines to the screen. You can also attach lengths of chain to the top frame using cable clips and self tapping screws. That way you have something to build off of that won't rip the screen.

link showing how ActionJackson secured the chain:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/new-cage-setup-111202/

Dragonstrand also sells pieces you can attach to the sides of your cage to provide a stable place to tie vines, plants and branches.

You could secure vines together as they cross making them connect like streets.

The vines I used hold up pretty good. I bought them from Lllreptile and used all 50ft in my girls cage

Okay that helps I'm off to Hawaii tomorrow and have a friend watching my chameleon so I don't know if I'll be able to get the zip ties today I'm not ill just keep her in a 2x2x3 for the week and half I'm gone and then move her when I get back

Back
Top Bottom