How to gutload

Sammysoffe

Ive looked at the nature zones feeder insects total bites soft food for Cricket. Is this brand good? Will someone explain the proper way to gutload? I don’t have a cham yet but ive been doing loads and loads of research? Any tips on this topic?

Ok so you can do fresh gutloading... The key here is using a variety and switching them out as well to provide diversity in nutrients. See image below.

Or you can do a commercial gutload like repashy bug burger or repashy superload.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

Ive looked at the nature zones feeder insects total bites soft food for Cricket. Is this brand good? Will someone explain the proper way to gutload? I don’t have a cham yet but ive been doing loads and loads of research? Any tips on this topic?
Ok so you can do fresh gutloading... The key here is using a variety and switching them out as well to provide diversity in nutrients. See image below.

Or you can do a commercial gutload like repashy bug burger or repashy superload.

View attachment 266227
thank you!

Might be a dumb question...

But since we are on the topic of gut loading do all feeders have the same gut loading foods? Are you able to gut load BSFL or do they not eat?

But since we are on the topic of gut loading do all feeders have the same gut loading foods? Are you able to gut load BSFL or do they not eat?
Great question. No all feeders do not have the same gutload. Silkworms have silkworm chow. Hornworms have hornworm chow. Both are commercially made and available. BSFL do not gutload well. There are also other little tricks... Roaches will not gutload well at all if they are not kept warm. I keep mine at 83 degrees or they will not eat. ;)

Here is an image for your many feeder options as well.

chameleon-food(1).jpg

Mmm I believe most gut loading uses the same stuff with minor changes. Like I use montane cricket crack for my guy instead of normal cricket crack. Also something to keep in mind about bsfl is that if you feed then they will turn into flys faster. The flys aren't nutritiinal at all compared to the larva. The larva is naturally really high in calcium so they're good as is. Just something to keep in mind if you wanna feed your bsfl

What does it mean when people talk about pinning the bsfl for their chams?
BSFL are a bit harder for them to digest because they are so small the cham does not always chew them. When this happens the BSFL can come out undigested looking exactly the way it did going in. So you take a pin like for sewing and you pin them and immediately feed.

Back
Top Bottom