how to go about attaching branches?

bryceoneal

so i have plants coming in the mail and when they arrive i’m going to be redoing his vines and making them more horizontal but i’d like to add branches, except i don’t know how to get them in there and have them be nice and horizontal, does anyone have any tips? i use fishing line for the vines which is great but i just don’t know about the branches
also if anyone can link me to good and (preferably) cheap branches i could use that’d be great! his cage is 18 inches wide x18 inches deep so that length is what i’m looking for

I use thumb tacks they come out often if you don’t use enough and I’ve come home to exposed points due to it falling off during the day now I use wire bread ties that you get out the garbage bag box

I use thumb tacks they come out often if you don’t use enough and I’ve come home to exposed points due to it falling off during the day now I use wire bread ties that you get out the garbage bag box
but how do you attach them to the branch/screen? drill a hole through the wood?

Sorry just really read the above,for my bird sticks I use horizontally the bread ties don’t work I drive a small nail in the center take the nail out before hand than just stick it in thru the screen as needed (with the same nail)

Just cut the branch to fit the width of where it will be installed and take a tiny screw with a washer and screw it into the branch from the outside of your viv. Much sturdier than a tack and shouldn’t ruin your screen.

Back
Top Bottom