How to get your mister nozzle in the cage

Clayton0520

Avid Member
So I have a Mist King system with the screen top wedges but my question is how does everyone penetrate the screen to get the nozzle inside the cage? Do you just cut a hole in it? I’m kinda scared to cut a hole in my new cage screen. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

I had to cut a hole in my screen to install my nozzles. I just used scissors. Luckily the nozzle base and screen wedges cover the edges of the holes.

I cut it with scissors and then used the mistking wedges to block the holes so bugs cannot escape.

Cool beans, it’s crazy that we have to cut an expensive cage to make it work.
You don’t have to cut the screen! You can buy the rain dome from MistKing. It sits on top of your screen and sprays down through the screen. I love them because they form a lot of water droplets on the screen right below your lighting. This makes the drops sparkle and really get your Chams attention.

https://www.mistking.com/Adjustable-Rain-Nozzle.html

What kind of cage do you have? I have a reptibreeze and on the corners are plastic caps. If you pull a cap off it makes a small hole in the corner... small enough to the run the mistking tube tightly through.

I have a XL breeder cage from dragon strand, I actually don’t have it yet. It’s supposed to ship next week. Everything I’ve read and all the pictures I’ve seen there aren’t any factory holes in it for a misting system.

I installed the wedge and then Took a screw driver with the plus head not the straight one. Don’t know what it’s actually called :) anyways gently push through the screen then move it around in circles in the hole that is in the wedge to get the perfect size. This way your screen does not tear.

The wedges go on the outside. I used a screwdriver to poke a hole. Push the nozzle through carefully. The screw will hold the edges of the hole. Nothing to worry about. In fact, I had to ultimately skip the support brackets because my cage has those useless LED lights. The screen will support the nozzles just fine.

I have always put mine on the inside... With the dragon strand the wedges go on the inside. I highly recommend using them because it keeps the nozzle more secure then if you just attach them directly to the screen cage...
Here is a pic of mine installed in the front. I only had to use one screw for it to be secure. They are self starting screws so just press firmly and turn slowly and it will grab the metal. In my back corner one I did put a screw in each side to secure. I put the panels together first and then just flipped the cage over on its top and went through the door to place my wedges.
wedge inside front.jpg

What kind of cage do you have? I have a reptibreeze and on the corners are plastic caps. If you pull a cap off it makes a small hole in the corner... small enough to the run the mistking tube tightly through.
Can we talk more about this? Do you have pictures? I have a reptibreeze and cannot figure this out...

The wedges go on the outside. I used a screwdriver to poke a hole. Push the nozzle through carefully. The screw will hold the edges of the hole. Nothing to worry about. In fact, I had to ultimately skip the support brackets because my cage has those useless LED lights. The screen will support the nozzles just fine.

The wedges go inside.

The screen is flush inside the cage, not outside. IE internally mounted the wedge is flush with the screen. If you put them on the outside, you have a gap between the screen and wedge.

Back
Top Bottom