How to get rid of water at bottom of terrium

saman239

Hi, I currnetly have a glass terrium which will be getting replaced in Summer.

An issue I have is the water collecting at the bottom.

Anyone else have a work around for this? I don;t feel comftable drilling anything.

I did have an idea of place a heat mat so the water evaporates but I feel that could mess with the ambiment temp too much.

Yeah a wet vac ,or if your really careful you could use a normal hoover and hose pipe to drain excess water , ( I wasn't careful lol my fiancee was not impressed) is it a bio setup? You also get pumps that attach to drills ( I personally haven't had much luck with them

Anyone else have a work around for this? I don;t feel comftable drilling anything.

I did have an idea of place a heat mat so the water evaporates but I feel that could mess with the ambiment temp too much.
Get yourself a computer fan, put it on top of the screen at low speeds. It will dry out the entire terrarium . This is how I keep my cages dry during the day. be mindful that you’re removing humidity with these fans.

Get yourself a computer fan, put it on top of the screen at low speeds. It will dry out the entire terrarium . This is how I keep my cages dry during the day. be mindful that you’re removing humidity with these fans.
I do this currently, mayveI should try upping the speed

Cheap solution is to
use a manual aquarium vacuum. Or even a baster!

Cheap solution is to
use a manual aquarium vacuum. Or even a baster!
ewwww then ya gotta suck up the water to create suction. lol too close for comfort for me. I tried a baster when I first started... it took forever and I wanted to cry but good in a pinch... just don't use it for next years turkey. :hilarious:

puke GIF

I do this currently, mayveI should try upping the speed
Well, I have two of them in my 4’ x 3’ x 5’ wide cages . I have them kick on about three hours after the lights come on they run all day My misting in the morning is for about two minutes. Plus the fogging all night, and I have drains. When I get home from work in the evening, the entire cages dried out. . Then the misters kick on again for another 10 minutes and fog comes on at 11. I’m not having any issues with water or mold.In my habitats I might add my fans blow into my habitat do not draw air out. From the top.

ewwww then ya gotta suck up the water to create suction. lol too close for comfort for me. I tried a baster when I first started... it took forever and I wanted to cry but good in a pinch... just don't use it for next years turkey. :hilarious:

puke GIF
Yep you might swallow a drop....

Back
Top Bottom