How to get him to cup feed?

melgrj7

Ivan is a 5 inch flapneck chameleon. He will only eat crickets so far, I've had him for I dunno, a month maybe. Anyway, he will only free feed and its kind of annoying because it makes it difficult to know how much he is eating. He doesn't like to eat in front of me, so I put a few crickets in the cage and leave. Check back later, think he has eaten them all only to find one or two hidden in there. He will not eat out of a cup. How long can I "starve" him out? The longest I went was 2 days, I was afraid to go longer than that. He is in good shape, good body condition (weight wise) and drinks water, his poop looks good. Basically I am just wondering how long he can go without food so I can try to starve him into eating out of a cup lol. It would make it so much easier to keep track of how much he is eating.

Try using a very large bowl (so the crickets have space to move around naturally and stimulate hunting instinct), in a fairly dark colour, not to shiny. place it securely in the cage, below a favourite hang-out spot.

offer favourite foods in there, beyond just crickets.

Back
Top Bottom