How to get crickets out of storage bin?

bigdog100

I have 500 crickets ordered from Rainbow and theyare in a nice storage bin with egg crates, water and food. How to I get them out of the storage bin into the cage? I used a paper towel roll however they stay in the egg crate. thanks

I would take the egg crate out and just put a few paper towel rolls in. It still gives them a place to hang out and it gives you easy access to them. I never put egg crate in my cricket box and they do just fine with the tubes.

I have mine in a large bin. I rip the egg crates into baseball size pieces and fill the bin half way with it. I’ve cut the bottom off a gallon water jug and I just put a 16 oz water bottle into the lid part of the jug like I big funnel and shake the crickets off into the jug and shake a little bit so they fall into the water bottle. There will be some lost that way most likely so expect a couple jumping out until you get the hang of it. then just replace the egg crates and clean when you get more crickets. That’s what I do. Good luck

Shake the egg crate inside a a clean container. You may want to lightly shake the egg crate in the cage to remove dead crickets and poop. Doing what RCC760 says would be the easiest to do with that number of crickets.

I have 500 crickets ordered from Rainbow and theyare in a nice storage bin with egg crates, water and food. How to I get them out of the storage bin into the cage? I used a paper towel roll however they stay in the egg crate. thanks
put in some tissue rolls, the ones that are empty, just the roll shape thingy, crickets wil like to chill it it, and everytime u take them out u can just take the rolls, which will have some crickets

Back
Top Bottom