How to free range

R.H

As stated in title , I want to buy a tree / plant to keep in my room so I can give my princess some free time out of her viv!!

please can i have some advice on what u should and shouldnt buy ?

On my 1st free range session how long should I leave her out?

thanks in advance for all advise

I'm sure she will enjoy some out of the cage time. The most important think about free ranging is to keep them safe from other pets, children and things that could harm them. They do wonder off off the tree to check everything out. You might consider putting a coral around the bottom of the tree. If you are just planning to have her out for short periods of time while you watch her then just a fake ficus tree will work. You can buy those at Michaels or Walmarts. If you you plan to leave her out for extended lengths of time she will need a heat light hanging over the tree with no way to get to it or she could get a burn. If she stays out all day she will need a UVB light and a way to mist and drip. I don't use cages at all and keep my guys out 24/7 and think they are much happier than being caged but it's allot of work. You can see some of my setups here.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...e-chameleon-condos-with-drainage-pans.146593/

I'm sure she will enjoy some out of the cage time. The most important think about free ranging is to keep them safe from other pets, children and things that could harm them. They do wonder off off the tree to check everything out. You might consider putting a coral around the bottom of the tree. If you are just planning to have her out for short periods of time while you watch her then just a fake ficus tree will work. You can buy those at Michaels or Walmarts. If you you plan to leave her out for extended lengths of time she will need a heat light hanging over the tree with no way to get to it or she could get a burn. If she stays out all day she will need a UVB light and a way to mist and drip. I don't use cages at all and keep my guys out 24/7 and think they are much happier than being caged but it's allot of work. You can see some of my setups here.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...e-chameleon-condos-with-drainage-pans.146593/
wonderful thank u!!

I'm in uk so havin her out 24/7 in this weather wouldn't be advisable, shorts periods of times to start with u think. she's in my room on 3rd floor she will certainly be safe up there :)

I will look up fictus trees I'm sure I can find one at garden centre etc

wonderful thank u!!

I'm in uk so havin her out 24/7 in this weather wouldn't be advisable, shorts periods of times to start with u think. she's in my room on 3rd floor she will certainly be safe up there :)

I will look up fictus trees I'm sure I can find one at garden centre etc
If you don't have the right lighting for the tree, consider a tall bushy artificial tree instead.

I personally like to make my free range situation completely off the ground when possible. I know that it is not always an option for everyone, but it can take a lot of the worry out of free ranging your chameleons. I actually attach a large branch to the studs in the wall. Then I start attaching plants and branches to it, anchoring them with zip ties. Here is a pic of one of my free range areas.

IMAG0512.jpg

I personally like to make my free range situation completely off the ground when possible. I know that it is not always an option for everyone, but it can take a lot of the worry out of free ranging your chameleons. I actually attach a large branch to the studs in the wall. Then I start attaching plants and branches to it, anchoring them with zip ties. Here is a pic of one of my free range areas.

View attachment 152365

You did exactly what I did lol. Screenshot_2016-06-03-09-02-28.png I plan on making it bigger but for now, it works.

View attachment 152365
Can the fish safely ingest chameleon poop?

I have a bunch of branches hanging from fishing line. My Cham loves it and would never go in the cage if he had his druthers. But that's where his crickets water and UV are so I let him stay out one day, in the next. Hope he's getting enough food UV and water?

I put the plant on a stool next to the cage. Put a branch that goes into the cage. He goes in and out as he needs to. Keep a eye on her they love to wonder.

Back
Top Bottom