How to feed Chameleon greens and fruits.

Orcawhale

I have a 3 month old Veiled Chameleon and have been feeding him mealworms and crickets. I would like to try feeding him some greens and fruits but as they don't move, he doesn't seem to see them as a food source. I left them in his cage and switched them out every day for fresh ones. He didn't touch them. Anyone know how I could get him to try them?

Last edited:
I don't know what you could do to entice him to eat them other than put them in a cup near his basking area so he don't have to go get them. They usually only hunt things that move. The mill worms should only be given occasionally as a treat if that isn't what you are already doing. Whether he eats the greens and fruits is entirely up to him I'm afraid. Try a red strawberry maybe the color will attract him. Not all veiled chams will eat this, a lot of times if they eat their leaves it's because they are thirsty. Good luck :)

I don't know what you could do to entice him to eat them other than put them in a cup near his basking area so he don't have to go get them. They usually only hunt things that move. The mill worms should only be given occasionally as a treat if that isn't what you are already doing. Whether he eats the greens and fruits is entirely up to him I'm afraid. Try a red strawberry maybe the color will attract him. Not all veiled chams will eat this, a lot of times if they eat their leaves it's because they are thirsty. Good luck :)
Okay, Ill try leaving some strawberries in there, maybe as he gets older he will give it a try. Thanks!

I will suggest make a vegetable California sushi roll...just kidding
You can feed ur feeders with the nutritional vegetables n fruits that suitable for your cham needs (you can search that in the forum for GUTLOAD....maybe when the veiled gets older he will eat those vegetables n fruits cause he been getting those "bug juice" from the feeders that u been gutloaded with:)

Back
Top Bottom