How to disinfect old decor

Alexdoe

So as the title entails, i have some old decor(one plant and 2 bendable vines) that i used for my iguana that i want to add to my cham set up. How should i clean them??

Id love to know as well.. I purchased my reptibreeze used and it had everything in it.. INCLUDING old substrate, live worms in the substrate, crickets, etc... I dumped everything.. trashed it all... kept the cage lamps and cricket keeper, that also had one very large cricket.. so was freed in a small patch of woods because he was just too big for anyone I have.. lol..

I wish people would clean their stuff even just slightly before they sell it. :( I didn't know how to clean the branches and vines, so they went in the garbage.. I don't know what her Cham passed of, so I wasn't taking any chances.

A mixture of bleach and water. I think 1 to 10 ratio would disinfect everything thoroughly. I work in animal welfare and bleach literally kills everything.

I don't think putting anything other than warm water on bendable vines would turn out well, or so I've read.

I don't think putting anything other than warm water on bendable vines would turn out well, or so I've read.

I bleach them first with a much stronger solution than 10:1 (but that's because I over do most things) and then throw everything in the top rack of the dishwasher including the fake silk plants. I air dry everything.

I bleach them first with a much stronger solution than 10:1 (but that's because I over do most things) and then throw everything in the top rack of the dishwasher including the fake silk plants. I air dry everything.

Really? And they stay together? Are you talking about vines like Exo Terra Jungle Vine and the like?

Back
Top Bottom