How to determine the age of a veiled chameleon?

caroooo

Dexter is our newly member of our family, however, I do not know his age. Is there a way I can find it?
Thanks! :)

Dexter is our newly member of our family, however, I do not know his age. Is there a way I can find it?
Thanks! :)
Post an up to date picture and let people guess - this really is the best way unless you saw him hatch.
I assume you don't trust the person you got him from, or they didn't know?

Post an up to date picture and let people guess - this really is the best way unless you saw him hatch.
I assume you don't trust the person you got him from, or they didn't know?

20170306_100707.jpg
I got him at a pet store, but they did not know his age.. Here's a pic od Dexter i took today.
Many thanks! :)

Well, first off, he looks really good and healthy to me :) - I have kept a couple of veileds and am no expert but my estimate is around 5 months.

id say around 6-7 months thats cause my veiled was around the same size at about 7 months, he could be 4-5 also

Could someone help me out with the age of mine as well we just got him 2 days ago from a reptile place..he is getting used to his new home so doesn’t want to come out (is that normal and how long should i leave him a lone to settle in for?) So i only have a picture when we took him home from the store and videos of him crawling on me when we got home and cant post videos
C985C41C-B6A3-4385-A26E-7E2DB76DED15.jpeg

Could someone help me out with the age of mine as well we just got him 2 days ago from a reptile place..he is getting used to his new home so doesn’t want to come out (is that normal and how long should i leave him a lone to settle in for?) So i only have a picture when we took him home from the store and videos of him crawling on me when we got home and cant post videos View attachment 280975
Yes, that is very normal. They might not eat for a couple of days as well. I would let him settle for about a week or two.

Could someone help me out with the age of mine as well we just got him 2 days ago from a reptile place..he is getting used to his new home so doesn’t want to come out (is that normal and how long should i leave him a lone to settle in for?) So i only have a picture when we took him home from the store and videos of him crawling on me when we got home and cant post videos View attachment 280975
I would venture a guess of close to 4 months old.

Yes, that is very normal. They might not eat for a couple of days as well. I would let him settle for about a week or two.
He has been eating which is good! He had like 7 crickets yesterday and the first day about 4! Thank you for your feedback! Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom