How to clean bioactive enclosure after a chameleon pass away?

Spookies

Sorry the late night post, I still have my first chameleon (female veiled chameleon) in a bioactive enclosure for about 5 years now, but just want to be ready. If I recall from my homework, female veiled lives up to around 5 years. I was just wondering what to really do with the bioactive enclosure if she pass away. I would assume to just tear the whole thing down and create a new bioactive for the new chameleon. But what would I clean the plants, fake vines or enclosure with, and would the new chameleon smell the scent of my old chameleon?

Also just curiosity, do chameleon get stress from the scent of other chameleons or do they rely more on visual?

As long as i find the body relatively quickly i dont clean as long as it was a healthy death. If i dont find the body quickly (oh hes just hiding in the plant for a few days, he will come out) I will get a heard of mites etc, and will have to remove repot the plant, or remove several several scoops of dirt around the body. Its just bioactive doing its job...

Back
Top Bottom