How to bond with Cham?

Saracw324

Hey everyone! My babygirl Cham is 4 months old and we have had her for about a month and a half. I really want to bond with her, so she feels comfortable climbing on to my arm one day! I dont pull her out of the cage or try to handle her. Every day I handed her a meal worm and she does not hesitate to come down and eat from it. Iv gradually been able to gold my wrist up to her below the branch she rests on, and she doesn't puff up or anything. Just looks at it. Lol. Is there anything else I can do?

Here is a link to my blog on trust building... https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/

I would not feed the mealworms though... They are low in nutritional value and have a high chitin amount. Makes them a bit harder to digest.

chameleon-food(1).jpg

We just recently switched to the superworms. Trying to look into snails, but I think she only likes living feeders, because she doesn't eat the snails that come in the can
You should not feed any insect that is dead. None of the ones that are in cans are suitable for Chameleons. They should be all live feeders.

You should not feed any insect that is dead. None of the ones that are in cans are suitable for Chameleons. They should be all live feeders.
Do you have any recommendations on where I can get the snails live? No where where i live have live snails accept for the Petco. They have water snails?

Do you have any recommendations on where I can get the snails live? No where where i live have live snails accept for the Petco. They have water snails?
These typically have to be caught and bred a few times to get passed the risk of them carrying parasites.

You can order other feeders from multiple places including our site sponsors.

Land snails are illegal to buy without license, they need to be collected and bred locally. I believe there is a way to get them from certified restaurants as well, but there aren't many.

Back
Top Bottom