how to begin cupfeeding.

raainn

i was on this yesterday asking about how i should get my 2month female veiled cham eating because ive noticed that she hasn't eaten so some people suggested that i cup-feeder her.now does it matter how big the cup is? and wont the crickets get out??

A 3" deli cup works good for me, I place it low in the cage and have a branch hanging partially into it. I also taped a piece of paper covering the back half of the cup so my chameleon doesn't try to catch food thru the plastic.

A 3" deli cup works good for me, I place it low in the cage and have a branch hanging partially into it. I also taped a piece of paper covering the back half of the cup so my chameleon doesn't try to catch food thru the plastic.

alrighty. thank you super much :)

My chameleon wouldn't eat either for the first 5 days but then today I saw him eat! Sometimes it takes time for the new guy to feel comfortable but there are a few here that told me their's started eating as soon as he got home. I guess there are a few lucky ones:mad:

I just read in my care book about this....it says the cup should be 6" deep and secured to a branch by a curtain hook or I'm going to use an 'S' hook. It should also be opaque so that the chameleon won't see through the sides and try to feed through the sides. I hope this helps you.

I just read in my care book about this....it says the cup should be 6" deep and secured to a branch by a curtain hook or I'm going to use an 'S' hook. It should also be opaque so that the chameleon won't see through the sides and try to feed through the sides. I hope this helps you.

What if the chameleon falls in? 6" is twice the size of my guy lol

Back
Top Bottom