how soon after laying a clutch will a panther female lay another??

salty dog

Chameleon Enthusiast
My sweetheart just laid 23 eggs last month 18 unfertile due to mating once, because male was aggressive. She is stark pink now and swelling, I hope she is not producing another clutch!!! I keep all my chams out of sight of one another

I picked him because he was the alpha, biggest and most aggressive, I didn't think about his treatment of female during mating, I'm worried about my female

My girls usually lay 3 clutches of fertile eggs. The first two are usually good and the 3rd about half are fertile. I let my male lock up twice when I first pair them together, as long as they are not aggressive. My female will lay a clutch every 2 months or so.

Hope this helps

Congrats on the clutch.

My sweetheart just laid 23 eggs last month 18 unfertile due to mating once, because male was aggressive. She is stark pink now and swelling, I hope she is not producing another clutch!!! I keep all my chams out of sight of one another
Rose laid her 1st ever clutch on March 11th. She had another clutch April 28th. Wasn't expecting her to lay again that soon. Both clutches of 30 really strong looking eggs.

I read that the females will actually retain the sperm for up to a year and the only way you can guarantee a new sire is to wait until they lay all infertile eggs... Was rather shocking to me! Off topic but thought it was so crazy that they do this.

Back
Top Bottom