How smart is a parsonii ?!!

Twitchet

Chameleon Enthusiast
Yesterday was the first day my female went outside in her en-suite lean to enclosure- she has a trap door from inside her viv inside the rep shed to the enclosure but hasn't used it and shown no interest in it, yesterday I picked her up and carried her around to the lean to entrance and put her in there for the first time ever - when it was time for bed I picked her up and instead of carrying her back indoors I put her on a stick that leads from out to indoors, she waddled along it and went into her viv, THIS morning I left the trap open as usual and after her successful bowel movement-( we all know how obsessed we are about our chameleons habits- lovely white urates- yay! ) she just went along the stick outdoors from her viv like she had done it a thousand times.
:DSharp as a tack are parsons!:D

Garret- I hope you like my choice of stick here !!! :)

Very nice!! I wish I could set something this big up for Bucky. He's been in a wandering mood this summer and would take advantage of so much climbing variety.

I suspect my Bucky isn't the "sharpest Parsons in the greenhouse". I love him, but he's lucky that he's pretty cuz there's not a lot of problem solving going on behind those orange eyes :D

He's just a teen-ager though, maybe he'll grow into it? Lol.

Aww bless him, he has other attributes though- he's a very handsome lad! :love: I want to see a picture of him next to his portrait -bucky and muggy :)

Aww bless him, he has other attributes though- he's a very handsome lad! :love: I want to see a picture of him next to his portrait -bucky and muggy :)

Thanks. I think he's special, anyway :D

I have Mugminster at work (the people I work with just so not understand, haha), so I'll have to take it home and get a photo of the twins. I suspect Bucks will be less than enthused.

Chameleons overall are pretty sharp as far as lizards go. I can attest to that.

Monitors tend to be the smartest. Parsons, well, as individuals some are pretty damn smart and similar to a parrot from my observations. Others, like humans, well some bulbs are not as bright as the next. I've also noticed females tend to be smarter about a set spot where food is provided etc etc. Males just wanna rub their nuts on a new branch every 50'....

Yes parrot like is correct- albeit half asleep parrot, She was quite funny earlier- she decided on her own when to make her way back to her indoor house- that in it's self was quite impressive- she knew she wanted to go there- when she came out of the hatch this morning she walked along a branch that lead out but on the way back she chose a different branch, she got to the end of it and I hadn't linked it to the next branch she needed to reach home from that route , no way was she going to go back a different route- she moved at 12" per hour as it was, she was just sitting there looking at the problem, ( i think that was the extent of her problem solving to be honest) so I added a branch and off her went again. Bit like a very slow wind up toy.:ROFLMAO:

Many thanks for your kind words, kinda wish it was bigger, warmer, more plants but that's being greedy, I'm very very pleased and it's been an absolute delight today seeing her spend her time where she wants,took herself outside in the morning and came back at 4 pm, she's been out all day and it's been pleasantly warm for her, had a sun bathe, shower then back in time for tea and roaches in the afternoon, really nice to see her getting exercise and using her feet on all the different sized branches as she has slight pink foot at the moment . I'm rigging up my mistking soon , so when she's outside I can divert it from her viv to outside so she can have an hours rain out there. The male is way too neurotic to venture out , I'm thinking realistically he won't want to go out til next year which is a real shame but he's just too shy to take the plunge at the moment. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom