how on earth do you get the crickets out of a bulk bag?

roguekiller23231

i ordered a bulk bag for the first time ever, and was shocked to find that it was a actual bag!:eek: fulled with apparently 800-1000 crickets (was more like 2-300) and hadnt a clue how to get them all out, especially since there was a few egg boxes inside and they were all sitting in between them. about the only method i though would work was to quickly open up the bag, and put the ends into the container i have, and just shake! shake and shake till they were all out! luckly i had no escapees! :D

I poor the bag into the container whilst standing over the bath tub as they then can't run away if any fall out. I use a lot of locusts and they are a pain to catch as when they come in a bulk bag they are very lively so the bath tub makes my life a lot more easier. Plus my partner would never forgive me if i had any escapes lol

Phil

i usually just open the container and pour in outdoors even in winter escapes are not an issue. they are outside. If i get lazy i just pour into my rubbermaid container it is about ten times the size of the crickets container and i order one thousand at a time

Sean

I do all my cricket transfers in a large rubbermaid too. That way when I transfer cricket containers, the escapes all fall into the large rubbermaid and not into the house.

haha

they are a little difficult to get out of the bag at first for me lol,i always had escapes but the last time i bought some none of them got out suprisingly.:D...i think i should go with the tub idea...sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom