How old would you say he is?

elesdee

fred.jpg

The people at the pet store couldn't give me too clear of an indication of how old he really is. From what I've read here and other places it seems like he's maybe a few months old? The picture's a few weeks old and he's gotten a little bigger but not anything too substantial.

Hmm, might call for a name change then. I got her? from a petsmart since that's really the only place to get a cham locally when they're in stock and I was told that they generally only sell animals of 1 sex at a particular store, not sure how true that is but hence the male assumption. I just figured wasn't old enough to see the spurs yet or do they have those pretty much from the get go?

They have them pretty much from the start. By that size you should be seeing spurs for sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I know the pet stores generally try to stock males, but I'm sure most of them can't tell the difference anyway. Still love that pic!

Hmm, might call for a name change then. I got her? from a petsmart since that's really the only place to get a cham locally when they're in stock and I was told that they generally only sell animals of 1 sex at a particular store, not sure how true that is but hence the male assumption. I just figured wasn't old enough to see the spurs yet or do they have those pretty much from the get go?

they have them from the get go. tiny, but they have them.

They have them pretty much from the start. By that size you should be seeing spurs for sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I know the pet stores generally try to stock males, but I'm sure most of them can't tell the difference anyway. Still love that pic!

indeed you are correct

Well it seems a new name is in order then, hmm. How old do they have to be before they can start possibly laying eggs? That's something I'll eventually have to prepare for now despite there being no male right?

My girlfriend actually took the picture. She has taken quite the fascination with trying to get good picks of my cham since I got her. She gets so bummed out when she can't get good pictures of color changes.

Did your Petsmart say they only had males? If so, you need to tell them they were wrong. We bought a hamster from Petsmart and were assured it was a female because that store only got females, other stores only got males.

Back
Top Bottom