HOW OLD AM I?

Randallthechameleon

Established Member
Wild caught so I don’t know how old she is…

Attachments

• CE34D22E-E9E8-4FA3-AE93-D4CC99CE98C1.jpeg
    CE34D22E-E9E8-4FA3-AE93-D4CC99CE98C1.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 38
She’s beautiful, but no idea how old she is and is probably not possible, especially without being able to compare her size to anything. She does look a bit thin.

Watch from the 15 to 19 minute mark. Getting a wild caught invasive species like a Jackson’s or Veiled from Florida or Hawaii is one thing. Purchasing wild caught panther chameleons from Madagascar seems so irresponsible.

Purchasing wild caught panther chameleons from Madagascar seems so irresponsible.
I absolutely see your point and it was painful for me to watch that bit of video. However, I do understand the need for ‘fresh’ bloodlines in captive breeding as well as trying to establish successful captive breeding of some species. We also need to take into consideration that chameleons are just ho hum everyday lizards to these kids and nothing special. If it weren’t for the pet trade, the Malagasy would probably see them similarly as the wild anoles here in Florida are seen.

The females are so small its very hard to tell age. Since she was WC, i think the biggest worry is parasites. If it was me, i would have her tested, tested then tested again! She is beautiful do you intend on breeding her?

Back
Top Bottom