How often

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
How often do I set my mist king to go off in 24 hours? I have a Jackson’s Cham which I don’t know if it’s different for different kinds of chams but Jackson’s need high humidity at night. Thanks!

Ok, I have it set to go off at 6 am, 7 pm, 11 pm, 1 am, for two minutes each. Is that enough?
Drop the 11pm and add a 6pm. You do not want mid day misting when the cage has warmed up and it is hot. Every person's cage settings are going to vary. What works for one person in their environment and cage set up may not work for another. For example I live where it is basically no humidity. I have to up my misting time to maintain a base humidity level. So you really want to watch what your levels do and how long your humidity is stable for. The cage should dry out during the day so they are not consistently walking on wet branches and so that the branches do not grow bacteria from being wet all the time.

If you look again at my times you will see there is no time set between 6 am and 7 pm So it will dry completely all day.

If you look again at my times you will see there is no time set between 6 am and 7 pm So it will dry completely all day.
Sorry not enough coffee. So you will still want to possibly play with your evening spraying. Depending on your lighting schedule.

Your forgiven! Lol! My lighting schedule is on at 7 am and off at 7 pm. So I wanted to do most of my misting at night. It worked perfectly with no problems last night. My humidity levels don’t stay at 75% for very long after misting. It’s odd because it’s humid here in the summer.

Your forgiven! Lol! My lighting schedule is on at 7 am and off at 7 pm. So I wanted to do most of my misting at night. It worked perfectly with no problems last night. My humidity levels don’t stay at 75% for very long after misting. It’s odd because it’s humid here in the summer.
Well your only looking for a daytime range of 30-50%. At night it would be up to 100% but that is only with it being cold and moving air. Just make sure your providing a dripper during the day so he has access to water.

Yup I’m doing that. The humidity I’m worried about is at night. It’s hard to get it up to at least 75. I run the air conditioner all night when it’s hot but temps are still 70 degrees at night. I don’t run the air conditioner when it’s cool like last night we got the remnants of the hurricane that hit Florida a couple days ago And our temps were in the 60 s but I couldn’t open the window and leave it all night because it was raining hard.

Yup I’m doing that. The humidity I’m worried about is at night. It’s hard to get it up to at least 75. I run the air conditioner all night when it’s hot but temps are still 70 degrees at night. I don’t run the air conditioner when it’s cool like last night we got the remnants of the hurricane that hit Florida a couple days ago And our temps were in the 60 s but I couldn’t open the window and leave it all night because it was raining hard.
So I would not try to get it higher since your temps are not low enough. At night your actually needing a 50-65 degree temperature for this species. So having the higher humidity would go hand in hand with that temp drop. Since you can not get it below 70 you do not want to try to get that higher humidity level.

Back
Top Bottom