How often you hold your chameleon?

Anitec21

I handled my Jackson 2 times but only to clean I saw this guy at petco holding his panther on his shoulder I thought that was cool. But its to risky right?

not at all. I hold both of mine everyday multiple times. I have 3 areas I keep them in during the day and I rotate them around depending on weather and stuff. Mine are both extremely friendly so that makes life easier too!

I hold my panther everyday almost. My veiled i'm starting too more - now that he's used to me (and i'm used to him!) :)

A couple of my males do come out for a nose when I'm in there and my females never get handled, I don't go near my chams if they don't want me to

not at all. I hold both of mine everyday multiple times. I have 3 areas I keep them in during the day and I rotate them around depending on weather and stuff. Mine are both extremely friendly so that makes life easier too!

Nice I should try that.

A couple of my males do come out for a nose when I'm in there and my females never get handled, I don't go near my chams if they don't want me to
Yea I get that at times my female Jackson would rather walk away or swing under if she not in the mood.

i want to tame mine so its not such a ordeal to get him out when its time to clean his cage and it would be nice to hold him but i'll respect that if he doesnt want to i leave him alone.

My panther wants to come out of his enclosure every chance he gets. I handle him multiple times in one day.

I handle my panther daily. Some times a few times a day only for short periods. He loves the attention. Some times I see him reaching for me when I walk buy. Such a friendly little guy. Some people say they aren't smart enough to develop a relationship with their owners. My chameleon doesn't come to other people. Just my wife and I.

My panther wants to come out of his enclosure every chance he gets. I handle him multiple times in one day.

Me too he just loves coming out more than anything, it just must be the panthers there just the best ;) and are the tamest :) depending on how u care for them :)

My Xanth I will handle on occasion(1-2 times a month MAYBE), simply because he willingly walks onto my hand, he is very chill thankfully.
My melleri and pardalis almost never... Either will bite me the second they get the opportunity! The melleri is wc so I just give him/her the space, and my pardalis has been an ornery sob since day one :rolleyes:

I can take my female out any time of the day. I can even touch her belly as she sits under her basking light. She realy doesnt care if she's handled. My male is a completely different story. He absolutely HATES coming out of his cage. But when he is out he's ok with it. He still hates it but he tolerates it! I do leave them alone most of the time. I really only handle on Saturdays when its cage cleaning day.

I Interact with all my Chams daily! Weather it be handling, hand feeding, watering, cleaning enclosures, etc. They are fairly uaed to human contact and very friendly.Guess I got lucky or maybe it's my persistence with getting them comfortably with humans and activities!

I do however believe that is a Cham is just not willing to corporate then he/she should be left alone! No need to stress it out by pushing too hard.

I hold mine several times a week, almost everday depending on what kind of mood he's in. Sometimes he just has days that he'd prefer to be more independent, and other days he's crawling all over me begging to go outside! He loves it out there...:D I have a free range set up near Loki's cage, so I'll feed and water him in the morning in his cage and when I come home for lunch I put a bendy vine from his free range in his cage so he can come out for the second half of the day and sometimes I let him sleep in his free range (doors closed to the room!) I feel like he's so much more happier and friendly when he gets more time out and is handled. Every chameleon seems to be different though, so you have to gauge that too!:p

Back
Top Bottom