How often to feed my Veiled(Fiona)?

Zachariah

I was told to feed her every other day but she seems to always be hungry and hunting for food. I feed her 10 gut loaded large crickets every other day and mix in some superworms, lobster roaches and waxworms every so often dusted twice a week with calcium and vitamin supplements. She is 10 months old, is that still considered a juvenile? I been reading a book called "The Chameleon Handbook" by BARRON'S but it really does'nt state how often to feed them at this age or any other age at that. I was told by the store keeper where I bought her from to feed her every other day, but I was so excited about getting her that I did'nt ask what amount to feed her. I don't want to overfeed my girl or underfeed her either. She seems really happy other wise but I don't know if it's normal for her to be constantly searching through the leaves for food, because that's what it seems that's she is doing, because occasionally she'll find a stray cricket or roach and quickly gobble it up. Well thanks for reading and let me in on some pointers to keep my Fiona happy and healthy. :D

At 10 months you probably should feed every other day especially being a female. If you don't want her to lay eggs then cutting her food intake back will help with that. My breeder told me at about 12 months to feed every other so you are very close to that age. Some people cut back to every other before 10 months. It really is up to you. As far as feeding. I would feed more like 6-7 feeders at every feeding. Some people feed more. Again, that is just what I have been told. It is really kind of your judgment call.

Thanks for the advice on feeding.

I appreciate all the feedback I can get, thank you for replying and giving me some good tips. I am new to keeping chams so I know some of my questions are kind of common sence but I rather be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to the health of my animals. They are more than pets to me, they are family. I'm sure you feel the same way.:):)

Absolutely, and the advice I have given you has been passed onto me so it is all a shared learning process. you will probably get some contradicting opinions as to what I said. So you just kinda go with your gut and do what you think is best for your dear little friend.

Back
Top Bottom