How often do your chams eat?

Are you dusting his crickets with calcium every day? I don't know about soaks so I cannot comment on that. Make sure you are dusting crickets with calcium without d3 every feeding, calcium with d3 once every 2 weeks and multivitamin once every 2 weeks in an off schedule as the with d3. For the uvb bulb make sure you use a t5 if possible but I don't know if the cantina cage allows for that.

Are you dusting his crickets with calcium every day? I don't know about soaks so I cannot comment on that. Make sure you are dusting crickets with calcium without d3 every feeding, calcium with d3 once every 2 weeks and multivitamin once every 2 weeks in an off schedule as the with d3. For the uvb bulb make sure you use a t5 if possible but I don't know if the cantina cage allows for that.
Thank you for your help. Gonna work hard to get him feeling better.

Make sure the feeders are size appropriate for his age.... They should not be longer then the width of his head.

No problem but make sure you read the caresheet and fill out the form so we can make sure the rest of the husbandry is ok.

You also need to consider a good gutload like bug burger or cricket crack. Do not use the orange cubes or powder from Petco. It's useless.

@JoshD49 The UVB is a compact bulb as well in that set up correct? I am not familiar with the cantina housing.

Yeah I believe it does. That's why I said that. The shape of it doesn't allow for t5 I don't think. There is also a waterfall in the middle of it I believe.

Yeah I believe it does. That's why I said that. The shape of it doesn't allow for t5 I don't think. There is also a waterfall in the middle of it I believe.
Thought so but was not sure. :) Yeah it does not look like it would accommodate a T5...

I don't know how big it is but now that I think about it you will need to upgrade the cage when he gets older. Veiled Chameleons get rather large and as you will see in the care sheet they need a large screen cage.

No problem but make sure you read the caresheet and fill out the form so we can make sure the rest of the husbandry is ok.

You also need to consider a good gutload like bug burger or cricket crack. Do not use the orange cubes or powder from Petco. It's useless.
Of course I am new to the Chameleon world. I have always wanted one since I was a little girl. So all this is new. I’m
Not sure what a up bug burger or cricket crack is? I have all the vitamins and that’s stuff.

Thought so but was not sure. :) Yeah it does not look like it would accommodate a T5...
Of course I am new to the Chameleon world. I have always wanted one since I was a little girl. So all this is new. I’m
Not sure what a up bug burger or cricket crack is? I have all the vitamins and that’s stuff.

Those are good for the crickets. Google repashy bug burger or cricket crack. Otherwise you can make your own gutload but just giving them crickets with no gutload will not provide any nutrients to the cham.

I use the Zilla Gut Load from Petco. Not sure how good of quality it is. Crickets are his primary food source. I always feed the crickets this.

Back
Top Bottom