How my veild chameleon eggs looking

Jairo1234

Here is a picture of my almost about to hatch veild chameleon eggs. What do you guys think are they about to hatch? I have them like at 75-80 degrees F and at dark as well

Attachments

• A24867DA-4DCF-466C-A30C-5ED30E061C6A.jpeg
    A24867DA-4DCF-466C-A30C-5ED30E061C6A.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 43DB82C8-5F5A-4736-B0EF-E42ECDDCC67C.jpeg
    43DB82C8-5F5A-4736-B0EF-E42ECDDCC67C.jpeg
    198.5 KB · Views: 97
I don’t know if they’re about to hatch or not, don’t know much about veileds and their eggs but I hope they all hatch beautiful healthy babies!

I've never incubated them above 74F and they always took about 8 months. 80F is quite a bit warmer so eggs would definitely take less time...but shouldn't be ready yet.

They do develop "windows" in them as they get closer to hatching and those areas are less than white.

Just do t be taking the lid off too often for too long if you check on them or you'll dry the shells out too much.

Not veiled eggs....but see what I mean about "windows"?
http://www.adcham.com/images/images-species/Ch.chameleon/cchatchingandegg.JPG

I've never incubated them above 74F and they always took about 8 months. 80F is quite a bit warmer so eggs would definitely take less time...but shouldn't be ready yet.

They do develop "windows" in them as they get closer to hatching and those areas are less than white.

Just do t be taking the lid off too often for too long if you check on them or you'll dry the shells out too much.

Not veiled eggs....but see what I mean about "windows"?
http://www.adcham.com/images/images-species/Ch.chameleon/cchatchingandegg.JPG
Oh ok thanks appreciate it and yes I see what you mean thanks

Have you ever checked with a pen light in the dark? You don't have to touch, just put light behind them.
This is a little over 6 months the last 2 they grow fast until they hatch. 3 to 5 days (my experience) they will turn green in the egg (veileds) before hatching. Keep an eye out for the sweating and watch some youtube videos.
1. Sweating
2. If baby needs help (last resort) but be aware and know it is just the head area for breathing. New things I learned over the last few months. So much great info out there and here..

Attachments

• PXL_20210620_152614025.jpg
    PXL_20210620_152614025.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom