How much to feed juvi quads?

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello all!
Well as some of you know, I acquired two juvinile quadricornis yesterday. I fed them at about 5:30 last night, and they both ate about 7 crickets. Today, neither of them have ate any of the crickets I have offered. Am I just over reacting to them not eating, or did I feed them too much yesterday and they're not hungry?

Thanks!
LPR08

Ok give me the basics, how old are they, when did they arrive to you, are they w/c or c/b, last cricket size you gave them?

Ok give me the basics, how old are they, when did they arrive to you, are they w/c or c/b, last cricket size you gave them?

Both are under six months of age. I don't know specifically because they are WC. I gave them 3/8" and 1/2". I just got them yesterday.

Since you just got them, I would give them some time to acclimate. For a quads that means lots of water, then lots of humidity, followed by lots more water & humidity. Offer the 3/8 crickets and don't worry if the don't eat for a few (3 or 4) days. Leave them along as much as possible. in a week or so you will need to get fecals to the vet and see if they came in clean - don't hold your breath on that. Your first biggie is keeping them hydrated and leaving them alone to settle in. jmo

Thanks Laurie. I have given them two showers. I will seperate them in a few days, as the bigger of the two looks as if he could be housed by himself in the 16X16X30 and do fine.

Back
Top Bottom