How much is YOUR Electric Bill??

Just been on holiday, all electric turned off except chameleon stuff. Cost us £11 to light & mist him for the week. Add the rest of the house onto that & we're talking £80-100pm

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I live in a 1bedroom apt with 7 tanks and a 400W grow light for my growroom and my elec bill is only about $65/month

edit: apt is 750sq ft, grow room is roughly 20sq ft

In CA we get boned...... you can use a certain amount and not pay a 'lot'.... but you go over that and they just stick it to ya! sorry.... not ALL of us can use less. Yes.... the family with wasteful kids... sure, hit them with the fee... but those of us with a need for the power, give us a break

kevin is rite on this one we get hosed.. they have this thing baseline which is my grandma livin alone in the dark watchin alittle tv. thats there baseline an the have tiers over that an charge you thru each tier.. its a racket

oh an my power bil is 300-500 a month dependin on how hot it is outside

Lucky for me i drop down to 50wat basking lamps in the summer, but every morning i am lucky enough that the GF take then out at around 8 in the morning till i get home :) She mists them and makes sure the is shade in some part of the cages as the sun moves.

So my bill in the summer is minimal around 1200 ZAR for water and elec. :) In the winter it was around 1800 ZAR including winter rates.

wow! I have three chams, a house full of pets, a garage with about 15 fish tanks in it, in the house we have 6 more 55-75 gallon tanks inside, ac's on..tv's runnin..electronics everywhere and my bill is about 260 a month! I thought it was high.. buuut not any more!!!

In the past couple of moths were in the low $500. The heat here is intense, and having two children we like to keep the house cool. The thermostat is set at 76F. :D

My old place was horrible with the electric bills, highest bill was $300. It's a 2 bedroom townhouse and the AC had to pretty much run constantly to keep the upstairs cool. I think that is why I lost several of my chams. I couldn't move them downstairs where the temp would stay more regular because my old roommate is a hoarder and had way too much stuff, so I used to have all my animals crammed into my bedroom. I recently moved into a 3 bedroom 1st floor apartment that is probably twice as big as the townhouse and our first electricity bill is $150 lol. The temperature doesn't constantly fluctuate, I LOVE it. I have room to put some of my animals in the living room and dining room, it's great. I'm even babysitting my friend's bearded dragons and have plenty of room for their huge tank. I could've actually fit both tanks, but carrying 1 was enough so they'll have to be together for a bit :cool:

In CA we get boned...... you can use a certain amount and not pay a 'lot'.... but you go over that and they just stick it to ya! sorry.... not ALL of us can use less. Yes.... the family with wasteful kids... sure, hit them with the fee... but those of us with a need for the power, give us a break

I'll agree with ya big time, but it's mostly because they haven't reevaluated the baselines in 60 years. Once you go over baseline they really help you grab your ankles.:eek:

You guys obviously don't have chins, lol. I have to a/c the house and chin house ( keeping it about 65, 70 MAX ), so yea, in the summer it's not unusual for us to have 600 or more bill.

Everybody has a chin... Some people have many. When I got married I got a second chin, go figure... Not too sure why you have to keep yours so cold. Odd...

Reactions: Hoj
To keep my 2X1 apartment cool enough for my animals in the Texas summer it costs about $180 a month Plus sun shades and a small A/C unit in my room.

Ours is usually is £140 a month but electric has gone up so its £170

Bills at $700 think you need to change suppliers lol and find it cheaper else where.

We don't get an option on suppliers... it's basically a monopoly here, although they are technically illegal. It's because of the a/c's I have to run to keep the chin house cool when it hits over 100 F here and move out the humidity. In two years I'm planning on building a new building, ideally ( if we weren't so close to the water table ) we'd build underground! But it would be flooded half of the year, lol.

I wish we did have more options. If my grandfather was still alive we'd put up wind generators, he designed them before they were the "green thing to do".

Back
Top Bottom