How Much and What Kind

MetalFox

So I Just Got a Chameleon Last week and here How i have things set up

Cage Size: 36" highx18x18

No real plants yet.

I am feeding him any where for 6 to 10 crickets a day

He is only five months old

I also dust the crickets daily but i have stopped reading that i should only do this every once in a while... (i have had him for about 5 days)

He is eating normal and out of my hand, I mist twice a day, and he has a dripping system

i gutload crickets with store bought food and dust with calcium that does not have d3 right now,

Lighting a UVB lamp i think that is 10. and a heating lamp that is 75 watt

is this setup good??? what am i forgetting please let me know i have a picture i can send to see if my cage is good :)

Thanks!

Hello welcome to the forum. What kind of chameleon did you get? Do you have a hydrometer and a thermometer to monitor the cage? Wlamart has digital ones for about $15. Real plants are great, ficus, pothos, and unbrella are the most common used. Is your cage all screen? If you post a picture that will hwlp a lot. A 75 watt make be too hot for a cham who is only 6 months but the temp needs to be checked under the light mid way dowm and close to the bottom. I am sure I forgot something so after you answer these we will try again ok? congrads on your new boy.:)

So I Just Got a Chameleon Last week and here How i have things set up

Cage Size: 36" highx18x18-This should be fine for now for most any 6 month old-but depending on species you might need to go larger when he grows up.No real plants yet. Live plants help keep humidity up and leaves given them a good place to drink from.I am feeding him any where for 6 to 10 crickets a day This is probably fine depending on the size of the crickets.
He is only five months old

I also dust the crickets daily but i have stopped reading that i should only do this every once in a while... (i have had him for about 5 days) You definititely need to dust. 5-6X weekly with a phosphorous free calium, 2-3Xmonthly with a calium with D3, and 1-2X monthly with a multivite like Herptivite or Reptivite.
He is eating normal and out of my hand, I mist twice a day, and he has a dripping system Make sure you are misting long enough to trigger it to drink.

i gutload crickets with store bought food and dust with calcium that does not have d3 right now, Gutloading with veggies like Kale, sweet potatoes, mustard greens, etc.. is superior to store purchased gutloads.
Lighting a UVB lamp i think that is 10. and a heating lamp that is 75 watt Do you know the exact brands? Make sure you do not have a oiled/compact UVB. YOU NEED A THERMOMETER! Chameleons are famous for burning themselves.
is this setup good??? what am i forgetting please let me know i have a picture i can send to see if my cage is good :)

Thanks!

Please send pictures. That would be really helpful. Welome to the forums!

Back
Top Bottom