How many use real plants?

The giant Potho is the one the left and a smaller one with another live vine plant under it on the right. I like the ficus but hate the leaf drop. Cyrus loves the giant pothos and it is very easy to maintain. Fills his 48 inch cage and still growing.

Attachments

• District 26 Walkersville-20140108-00139.jpg
    District 26 Walkersville-20140108-00139.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 81
Or they kill them despite their best efforts! ;) I had quite the black thumb when I first started keeping chams and didn't want to have to keep buying them because no matter what they always died. Now I have lots of live plants successfully, in almost every cage.

Oh, this is evidence even ferret can be trained successfully!:D:D:D

Its hard to be sure whats safe or not. theres a lot of sites on the internet that contradicts each other. I would like to find a trustworthy plant list for veiled chams.

for flowering plants there is a Madagascar Jasmine that is a sturdy vine with white star shaped flowers. With that being said, I am not sure of how successful growing it will be in their enclosures. I received 4 very small plants a while back that I bought and have been negligent transplanting them and trying to really grow them out. Its my goal to have them in the two enclosures. I just started paying some better attention to them.

I have very bushy, huge Sheffeleras in my enclosures, I actually have to trim them back at times so I can see the Chams and so they don't push against the tops. I don't have any trouble maintaining humidity. I also use my Aquazamp Raindomes, that go off 4 x per day for the following times, in minutes (10 - 3 - 7- 3). I do live in the PNW where our humidity does not get crazy low in the winter, I rarely turn on my apartments heat.

Its hard to be sure whats safe or not. theres a lot of sites on the internet that contradicts each other. I would like to find a trustworthy plant list for veiled chams.

Part of the problem is the definition of "safe". What is listed on the web as toxic to mammals may not bother herps at all, and vice versa. A plant may be considered toxic but perfectly safe to use in some cham cages because its only toxic if eaten. Some species don't chew on plants. Veileds do. Check the forum "safe plants list". The classic safe types include Ficus (various types of fig), Hawaiian schefflera (S. arbicola), Pothos, Hybiscus, and citrus or edible fruit trees.

Back
Top Bottom