How many superworms?!

KaijuVeiled

Hello everyone, I have a 6 month old female veiled chameleon, her name is Kaiju. I feed her crib and super worms with the occasional leafy greens and a wax worm here and there. I was just wondering since she is growing and all, how many super worms should I be feeding her?! Thanks guys! YUMMY!

Yummy super worms!

Attachments

• 14223928056521980919402.jpg
    14223928056521980919402.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 277
Chameleons seem to get addicted to superworms! I don't know what is in them, but I have seen case after case of chameleons refusing all other feeders once you start giving them superworms. Take into account that superworms are high in fat and chitin(their hard outer body) so not something you want to feed too much of. Now how much is too much would depend on how many other feeders you are incorporating into the diet. Do you feed crickets or roaches? Superworms can be gutloaded just like crickets. I feed mine a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables and they eat everything. I feed mine a couple of times a week and give three or four each time, but that is just me.

I normally put about six crix in her cage and feed her 2 or 3 super worms either by hand or putting them on the screen. I also feed one or two wax worms every month as a treat. I have yet to try dubai roaches but will soon. I feed her greens and vegetables occasionally. Does this sound like a good diet, all live food is gut loaded and sprayed with calcium. I also give her multivitamin once a month.

Maybe 5-6 a week, no more. I feed my adults 2 worms (2-3 times a week). Those are fed after their morning crickets, in order to keep them from holding out for more. They are apparently worse than crack or heroin. So, I am told. :D

I feed my 4-5 month old panther 2-3 baby superworms daily, which is probably equivalent to 1 adult size superworm, if not less. As mentioned by Carol, they can be addicting to chams, so I prefer to use it as my last feeder. My cham so far has eaten everything I put in front of him with the exception of a freshly molted dubia that he was not quite use to seeing :D. My daily routine for the most part is the following...

5-6 medium crickets
2-3 dubia roaches
3-5 very small phoenix worms
2-3 baby superworms
1 small butterworm (about twice a week)

Back
Top Bottom