How many Locusts should I feed?

martindean32

Hiya Ive got a male and female Oustalet Chameleon. Now all I want to know is how many (on average) extra large locusts should I be feeding to them? Can they be over fed do you know???

Pictures of them are below:

15102010021.jpg

15102010022.jpg

All I want to know is how many extra large locusts I should be feeding them on a daily basis, how many per chameleon if possible!!!

Many Thanks

Martin Dean

Most members here aren't familiar with the size of an extra large locust as we don't use them as frequent feeders here in America. Maybe if you compare the size to a full grown adult female cricket?

At the moment i have 2 leopard geckos, they can eat 2 XL locust/ day. Depending on the size of the chameleon he/she can eat 1-2-3 a day. If you compare them to crickets (Gryllus bicamalatus) the locust is about twice that big, but not so fluffy :) in my opinion, let your cham eat 2 if she wants...or 3, after this big meal, maybe a day off is reasonable. Dont forget to dust with calcium, and try to provide as much variety of feeders as many you can. Where do you live btw?
EDIT: UK i see now, do u know any hornworm and silkworm sellers there?

I would say 3 maybe 4 as they xl locusts are quite long..i feed my young chams 3 small/medium locusts..

At the moment i have 2 leopard geckos, they can eat 2 XL locust/ day. Depending on the size of the chameleon he/she can eat 1-2-3 a day. If you compare them to crickets (Gryllus bicamalatus) the locust is about twice that big, but not so fluffy :) in my opinion, let your cham eat 2 if she wants...or 3, after this big meal, maybe a day off is reasonable. Dont forget to dust with calcium, and try to provide as much variety of feeders as many you can. Where do you live btw?
EDIT: UK i see now, do u know any hornworm and silkworm sellers there?

We can not get hornworms over here in England but there is a few silk worm sellers www.rickslivefood.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom