How many have tamed veils?

jacksonchamnew

Avid Member
As I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. LOL I am trying to be calm and unfearful. Got him on arm. I have watched the videos that you recommend here.

Attachments

• tame1.jpg
    tame1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 107
  • tame2.jpg
    tame2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 117
In my opinion there is no taming them... They will learn to trust you but that is as far as it goes. Beman has never bitten me but does make threats especially when he is in his cage. I do not put my hand in the cage ever to get him to come out. I always lead with a treat. He has been cup feeding since he was young and has learned that when he sees his cup it means food. So when he is especially feisty and I need to move him to the outside cage I use the cup because he drops his territorial display and comes straight out to me for it.

Baby is telling you "no this is my house" So rather then just place your hand there treat train him. So he relates your hands or cup to food.

And I do totally understand. They can scare the crap out of you when they go into full territory aggression. It honestly is just all patience. Don't look at them straight in the eye that is a threat for them. It is predatory.

In my opinion there is no taming them... They will learn to trust you but that is as far as it goes. Beman has never bitten me but does make threats especially when he is in his cage. I do not put my hand in the cage ever to get him to come out. I always lead with a treat. He has been cup feeding since he was young and has learned that when he sees his cup it means food. So when he is especially feisty and I need to move him to the outside cage I use the cup because he drops his territorial display and comes straight out to me for it.

Baby is telling you "no this is my house" So rather then just place your hand there treat train him. So he relates your hands or cup to food.

And I do totally understand. They can scare the crap out of you when they go into full territory aggression. It honestly is just all patience. Don't look at them straight in the eye that is a threat for them. It is predatory.
I did try a superworm on hand. Put one on vine first. He did move from my arm to shirt and lap. Then he tried to jump off chair and I used glove hand for him to climb on, because he was hissing. Wanted back in cage. Progress.

I did try a superworm on hand. Put one on vine first. He did move from my arm to shirt and lap. Then he tried to jump off chair and I used glove hand for him to climb on, because he was hissing. Wanted back in cage. Progress.
Do you have pics of your entire cage lights down? Sounds more like he is trying to get out of the cage.

If you have not done so I would read through my blog. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/

I’ve been keeping for 15 + years but veileds for only 13 years. Veileds are my favorite species because of their awesome personality. All of my veileds have been fairly friendly even though some were older and ill when they came to me. All of the ones I’ve raised are super sweet. ❤️

Attachments

• chamcage1.jpg
    chamcage1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 94
  • chamcage2.jpg
    chamcage2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 88
18 X 18 X 36. I know I will need 24 " wide cage soon. I am thinking new Reptibreeze.
Did you buy the chameleon kit? If so you actually have a 16x16x30... Which honestly is much too small for him now. You need a 2x2x4.
Here is the safe plant list. You want the Veiled tested plants and you need to put 1 inch or larger rock on the top of the soil so he does not eat the soil.
https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf

Back
Top Bottom