How many have tamed veils?

I think it is important to remember they are not puppies... These are reptiles and their natural instinct is to be fearful of us. "Taming" IMO is entirely the wrong word or thought process when it comes to chameleons. It is like saying your taming a tiger... All great and well until the tiger attacks because it is a TIGER.

Did you buy the chameleon kit? If so you actually have a 16x16x30... Which honestly is much too small for him now. You need a 2x2x4.
Here is the safe plant list. You want the Veiled tested plants and you need to put 1 inch or larger rock on the top of the soil so he does not eat the soil.
https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf
I didn't think about them eating the soil. The plant may have fertilizer pellets here. Good point. I bought a large Dracaena. I know they are like grass but plant choices were limited.

Mine loves to come out to play very adventures will walk all over me several times im wanting to making him an climbing frame for when he comes out
IMG_20200425_225721_066.jpg

IMG_20200421_174730_684.jpg

My male (Charlie) is extremely sweet... he has been very friendly and curious since day one. When he comes out, it is for a reward (free range or outside).

My female veiled (Clarice) gets the same treatment as Charlie, and is same age... she has been timid and shy since day one. After 2 years of working with her, she tolerates me, and certainly likes me more than my husband, but she will bite for sport. Blood sport! Every time. And she is very good at inflicting maximum damage . :p

For all of the chams - I read their body language. If they come out, they are rewarded. If they don’t want to come out, I usually respect that (but sometimes they’re going outside wether they want to or not!). Also using food as a reward/lure is very helpful. That is the only way Clarice will walk onto our arms.

As I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. LOL I am trying to be calm and unfearful. Got him on arm. I have watched the videos that you recommend here.

yoi chameleon is in ansolutwly terrible cage
The equipment is not simulating their envjronmenr. Be not surprized if he acts what yiu interpret
As aggression, because the animal is permanentlybstressed and will not be happy anw
Well untill you fix it

Back
Top Bottom