How many chameleons do you own?

I have a lot... but realistically I have about 6 I plan to keep. 2 males of breeding age, 1 female of age, 2 females in waiting any whichever i decide to keep from my first clutch. Add in about 60 chams in various stages... lots of cages, lighting etc. Phew.

I have 3, and they fit perfectly into my reptile room, so no plans to get any more. I've got 2 veileds (brother and sister), and a male panther. I'd say the 2 boys are my favorites, as they both like coming out for alone time on the lanai to enjoy the sunlight. The female is the devil incarnate - she will let me slip my hand under her and just when I think it's good and she will come out of her cage for her own lanai time, she makes a kamikazi jump to the bottom of her cage, trying to kill me on the way down. So, she and I have an understanding - she has a large atrium dragonstrand to live out her life, and I won't bother her more than necessary.

I have 1 male ambilobe Panther, for the 3rd time 😔

My first one was in 2016 after I brought him home to clean up his cage and rehome him. Not knowing anything at all about them, other than he was severely malnourished and dehydrated, I got him back to health and fell in love, then I became the new home 🏡 I had to let him go in 2018 though, which was heart breaking. He was almost 5 yrs old.

Then my little Waldo I got this past February, but lost him in October after many many many trips to the vet. Broke my heart all over again (some of you on the forum may remember all my post and trying to help me with me him) .

Now I went directly through the breeder and got my new little guy all the way from Cali. He'll be 6 months old at the end of the month. So far he's still terrified of me 😰 but that's okay! He eats like a horse and does all the little chameleon things ♥

They say 3rd times a charm, so here's to hoping!!

Back
Top Bottom